Mantua Veterinary Radiology
State-of-the-Art Diagnostic Technology
As an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital, at Greenfields Veterinary Associates, we strive to offer industry-leading services and technology to provide the best care possible for our patients. As an effective, painless, safe, and non-invasive way to provide accurate diagnoses, we have a state-of-the-art radiograph machine to evaluate your pet’s internal organs and bones.
The Benefits of Radiography
While some pet owners might worry about the exposure to radiation, x-rays are incredibly safe. The level of radiation needed to produce a clear image is so low that it is even safe for pregnant females and neonatal animals.
Our veterinarians rely on radiography to:
- Check your pet’s bone health: If your pet was injured or is exhibiting signs of pain, we will use x-rays to locate fractures and see whether your pet has arthritis or degenerative joint disease.
- Measure the size, shape, and position of your pet’s internal organs: If your pet’s heart, liver, or kidneys are enlarged, it could mean that they are diseased. Additionally, cancer and other medical conditions can distort or shift the shape and position of organs.
- Identify intestinal blockages: Sometimes pets eat things they are not supposed to, which results in intestinal obstruction. Through x-rays, we are able to identify the location of the obstruction and better plan how to safely remove it.
- Detect tumors: Although it depends on their location and/or size, we can sometimes rely on x-rays to discover tumors on your pet’s organs.
- Assess the condition of the spinal cord: Certain spinal cord diseases or injuries, such as slipped discs, are recognizable via x-rays.
“Anytime we have an issue they get us right in. Their staff is very nice and helpful.”- Kim B.
“Staff is friendly, empathetic, & understanding.”- Opal P.
“The staff was super friendly, very knowledgeable and helped ease my anxiety.”- Elizabeth B.